In last blog post, we talked about the real reason and importance to attend free seminars and workshops coming to your city. I hope most of your atleast convinced a bit and thinking about checking out few seminars which matches your interest. In this post, I am sharing some Do’s and Don’ts while attending these seminars which keep you out of spending money.
Here are few do’s and don’t which I would recommend.
1. Go with an open mind to learn something new and ready to participate&share with others.
2. Take down notes of techniques, loop holes, hints, tips and useful ideas
3. Write down list of good websites which might be used during presentation.
4. Ask questions and get your doubts clarified for free.
5. Talk to the host after the meeting if you have further questions and pick their brain.
6. Try to talk to other attendees. Share, learn and create network which might help in future to create a power team of your own.
7. Note down the mileage and keep reciepts of any expenses like parking fee, lunch so you can account and claim.
8. Do take your friends or spouse only if they are interested in sitting with you and willing to learn. Otherwise you might have to leave in middle if they get bored and avoid feeling guilty.
1. Don’t take your credit card or cheque book.
2. Stay away from signup and on’t get tempted by their special and attractive offers.
3. You do not have to sit through the whole seminar. You will know when to call it quits if it doesn’t seems to add any value to you.
These tips are some of many coming out of my experience and surely will help you prepared when you plan on attending seminars. If you have few others from your experience, please don’t hesitate to share for the benefit of others.
Alright!! We are surely in a internet age. Internet is name of the game. It makes our life easier every day in lot of different ways and getting educated is no exception. There are online universities which teaches classes and online seminars called webinars. SO if you don’t have time to attend seminars physically, don’t worry. Many financial institutions, brokerages firms and even rating agencies provide free webinars.
This is the new trend in the market these days. Webinars and webcast have become so easy for the organizers and also for attendees who don’t have to get out of their house.
List of Free Events/Webinars
I strongly urge you try attending atleast one free seminar or workshop coming up in your city this summer and venture out. You will surely learn a trick or two. Don’t forget to let me know how it went.